|These Snickerdoodles were made with arrowroot flour.|
For now, here is the list that I have compiled of possible substitutes for eggs.
Use one of the following bullets for each egg, up to 3 eggs, paying attention to the type of dish you are making and the flavors that will compliment it.
- 1 tsp baking powder + 1 T liquid + 1 T vinegar
- 1 tsp yeast dissolved in ¼ C warm water
- 1 ½ T water + 1 ½ T oil + 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pkg gelatin + 2 T warm water; mix just prior to use
- 2 T arrowroot flour
- 2 T applesauce + ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ banana (medium, mashed) + ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 T vinegar + 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 T lemon juice + 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 T cornstarch + 3 T water