I pulled them out and threw them in the microwave to thaw, along with a bunch of red bell peppers that I had already cut up. After they were thawed, I dumped them in the blender with some sunflower butter (again, what I had), lemon juice, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. I pureed it all up and served it.
Once again, the girls wouldn't eat it even though 2 of them said it was good. I don't know. I will just keep trying, I guess. The next "try" will be to see if hummus freezes and thaws since I can't eat all of this by myself and I don't think my husband will help.
Oh, here's the actual recipe!
Not Your Normal Bean Dip -
- 2 cups OR 1 15oz can any kind of white bean
- 1/2 sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juice only OR about 2 T lemon juice
- 2 T sunflower butter (you could probably do peanut butter or tahini instead, but have not tried that)
- 1 - 2 tsp cumin, to taste
- 1 - 2 tsp paprika, to taste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Blend it all up and use as a dip or spread. Eat up!