Thursday, August 4, 2011

Snickerdoodles

Cookies are always a hit. One of my favorite things to make in the kitchen has always been cookies. I love cookies.
 
However, if you have food allergies in your family, you know just how few recipes are out there without something that your child is allergic to. Well, here is a good one that does not have milk or eggs. It comes from my childhood and my mother, who taught me so much. Actually, I modified the one from my mom so that it does not include eggs but she won't mind. So here we go.

SNICKERDOODLE COOKIES
  • 1 1/2 C sugar
  • 1/2 C margarine, softened
  • 1/2 C vegetable shortening
  • 4 T arrowroot flour
  • 4 T water
  • 2 3/4 C flour
  • 2 t cream of tartar
  • 1 t baking soda
  • 1/4 t salt
  • 3 T sugar
  • 3 T ground cinnamon
Heat oven to 400. Mix sugar, margarine, shortening, arrowroot flour, and water. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Shape dough into walnut sized balls.

Mix 3 T sugar and 3 T ground cinnamon. Roll balls in mixture. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 - 10 minutes. Cook on rack. Makes about 6 dozen cookies.

Enjoy this treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment